The following is a list of pre-operative instructions that will simplify your surgical appointment. Specific arrangements should be made if these instructions cannot be followed.
- If you are having sedation anesthesia, a responsible adult must accompany you and remain in the office during your procedure. Someone should be with you at home through the evening after surgery.
- If you are having sedation, you should have nothing to eat or drink 6 hours prior to the appointment. However, it is okay to drink a small amount of water to take any medications that may have been prescribed.
- Loose clothing, especially loose fitting short sleeves, should be worn. Do not wear high heeled shoes or “flip flops”. Do not wear contact lenses to your surgical appointment.
- If you are having only local anesthesia you may have a light breakfast or lunch prior to your appointment.
- If you are taking medication on a regular basis, continue to do so unless otherwise instructed.
- It is advisable not to bring small children to the office during your appointment.
- Financial arrangements must be completed in advance of your surgical appointment, and consents are to be signed prior to the surgery.
- Bring all removable mouth appliances (retainer, partial denture, complete denture, bite guard) to appointment, as the Doctor will need to evaluate them for use after the surgery.
- Please contact our office prior to your reserved surgical date if you have any questions.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure to bring the medication that we have prescribed to your surgery appointment.